For posterity's sake, the Original (successful) Metro-wide Petition:
This
petition went live on August 22, 2007

Friday, September 14, 2007

What's Your Favorite TJ's Product and Does it Travel Well?

It's been so long, I'm not going to remember the cutesy names for them, but here are some of mine:

Travels well
Lemon Curd (I just tried this for the first time)
All the great marinades (we have a full pantry of them-Thai Yellow Curry is most excellent: mix it with an instant peanut sauce and I can almost make massamun curry without effort)
Garlic Mashed Potato Mix
Macaroni & Cheese (maybe that sounds crazy, but our little 3 year old connoisseur can most definitely tell the difference and often eschews other brands, even Annie's)
Dishwashing and laundry detergent

Not appropriate for long hauls
Cilantro and Chive Yogurt Dip (I guess this could be done with an ice chest, but we are usually asking a relative to bring things to us, and getting them to add an ice chest into the mix seems a little beyond the call of duty)
Frozen shu mai
Frozen quiche -- including 3 yummy flavors (Prelude to a Quiche, I believe)
Frozen Chicken Enchiladas
Frozen Chicken Burritos
Frozen Steak Burritos
Frozen rice and noodle bowls (there were a variety of these)

Yeah, I like convenience foods. Devoting time to cook and clean up a bunch of pans is just not something my family can/will deal with right now.

The unfortunate part is that most of them are frozen. Which is what is so frustrating about not having a TJ's close by. If I could just road trip and stock up several months supply of my favorite foods, it wouldn't be intolerable. But am I supposed to bring a freezer with me?!!

Is there anybody out there?
How about you guys? I'm sure I have forgotten a lot of the things that I used to buy. I'm not sure being reminded of it will be good for my mood (sorry about the recent negativity, folks), but I would love to come up with a topic that people would respond to!

No comments: