For posterity's sake, the Original (successful) Metro-wide Petition:
This
petition went live on August 22, 2007

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Nearing 2000!

Last night, I took a look at the petition and was like, "Hey, we are up to 1700. Cool."

This morning, I took a look and was like, "Whoa, we're over 1800. What happened?"

Then, I took a look at my email and my sister had written to let me know there was a screenshot of the petition on the front page of the Living section in the Tennessean. Having just gone to the website, we are also on the homepage of the online version.

[Update: As of the afternoon, it was moved to the the living section online.]

THANK YOU, TENNESSEAN!

Now, a few hours later, we are approaching 2000!

I was recently considering cancelling my subscription to save some bucks, since we get it at the office, too. You've just saved yourself at least one subscriber!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, if you can get TJ's to come here, you will be my hero!!! That is one of many things I miss about California, but TJ's would ease the homesickness greatly! Thank you for doing this.

Also, since there are so many of us that want and miss TJ's items, has anyone thought of borrowing a page out of ModernNash's book and organizing a monthly drive up to TJ's? I would gladly put in an order and be willing to split gas costs etc. Heck, i might even volunteer to do it myself!

Carol McCullough said...

That's an interesting idea, originalcyn. I might be game, though it is the frozen food that I miss the most and I don't know how well it would travel.

I've noticed that different folks travel to different TJ's. Which one were you thinking of going to?