For posterity's sake, the Original (successful) Metro-wide Petition:
This
petition went live on August 22, 2007

Saturday, February 7, 2009

My visits to Trader Joe's

I guess it is somewhat remarkable that I haven't posted since I have gone to the new store. Perhaps, family and work have kept me a bit too busy (and, embarrassingly, wasting time on Facebook just seems like a preferable way to spend small chunks of free time).

I love the new store! We went on opening weekend and had to park far away and hike. I have gone about 8 times since then (I'd definitely go more often if they were near, but you've heard that before). My favorite time to go is at what I call the "Heathen Hours" in the morning on Sunday [which, by the way is also the best time to go to the Nashville Zoo--too bad they are not closer to one another]. The only problem with going then is that you can't buy beer before noon (stupid blue laws--what a crock).

I was disappointed to learn that Prelude to a Quiche had been discontinued, but a lot of old favorites are still there. A few of those include frozen Chicken Shu Mai (I LOVE these), frozen Chicken Quesadilla (YUM), Cilantro & Chive Yogurt Dip, Tangerine Lime Diet Hansen's, more reasonably priced and volumetrically superior Grade A 100% maple syrup, Cleanliness is Next to Godliness laundry and dishwashing detergent, really cheap frozen (cheese, chicken and beef) enchiladas, and their basic Macaroni and Cheese (my son is thrilled about this last one--so much better than Annie's).

Some new (to me, not necessarily new to TJ's) ones include Orange Flavored Cranberries (these are like crack--seriously addictive), Nuts about Chocolate and Raspberries, Three Layer Hummus (regular, pepper and cilantro), Curry Chicken Breast Tenders (some complain that these are salty but I dig 'em), Curry Naan, Just The Clusters Vanilla Almond Granola (really good companion with the morning coffee), Mini Peanut Butter Cups, and Chocolate Covered Cranberries.

I am still bowled over by TJ's prices after being away from it for so long. It is so nice to get so much yummy food for such reasonable cost. The value definitely makes it worth the drive for our family. Which leads to my next post...

No comments: