For posterity's sake, the Original (successful) Metro-wide Petition:
This
petition went live on August 22, 2007

Monday, May 5, 2008

Trader Joe's in Chattanooga? -update/correction

Shortly after the announcement that Nashville was getting a Trader Joe's, I got an email from a friendly, yet envious, fellow named Jay Craven in Chattanooga lamenting the "grocery store desert" in which he lives. I suggested he start a petition.

Well, someone named Jason Kelley did and got more than 1000 signatures in a week! It's at 1447 as of this post. I signed just a few hours ago (my folks are from there) and I was number 1362.

I think his petition will have to end up being one of the top 25 petitions for petitiononline.com tomorrow because it is climbing really freakin fast.

Keep up the good work, Jason!

(My original post credited Jay with starting the petition, but he just contacted me about it).

2 comments:

JGK said...

Thanks for your support, all.


Jason

bettyflaherty said...

How do I start my own petition for Knoxville, TN? Thanks.