For posterity's sake, the Original (successful) Metro-wide Petition:
This
petition went live on August 22, 2007

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Let the Battle Begin: What Part of Town?

Yeah, I want it to come to East Nashville. But I what I NEED is for it to be close enough that I can dare to buy frozen foods. Holy smoke, I miss those little frozen quiches--Prelude to a Quiche, I think it was called--and they better still carry them WHEN (no, ifs here, buddy!) TJ's comes to Nashville!

Based on the way I have seen TJ's enter a market, they are likely to set up shop in the wealthier suburbs in a strip mall type location, often near an already existing competitor like Whole Foods or Wild Oats (or in our case, I would say that category includes Harris Teeter).

To me, this would suggest that the following areas are the most likely contenders: Cool Springs, Green Hills or Franklin.

There are some other possibilites such as Hillsboro Village, Brentwood, Belle Meade, and even Hendersonville, but I think they are second tier candidates.

I do think East Nashville could be in the running for a subsequent store. This effort started in East Nashville, and I think that says something.

But I don't know everything. What do you think?

2 comments:

michael, claudia and sierra said...

great idea. i'm in. i signed.

Katy Bowser said...

Carol, I think you're probably right on. I think East Nashville feels a lot like neighborhoods in cities with established TJ presences- funky, diverse, artistic. However, if they need to start in Hillsboro Village or elsewhere in the area, I'll go with it. It's closer than Atlanta, where we currently do 50-75% of our monthly grocery shopping using coolers every time we visit. Like tomorrow.